A little bit of history of Universidad Panamericana
Promoted by Saint Josemaria Escrivá de Balaguer, founder of Opus Dei, a group of entrepreneurs founded Instituto Panamericano de Alta Dirección de Empresa (IPADE), the current leader of Latin America's Business Schools.
In1968, the IPADE Instituto Panamericano de Humanidades (IPH) was founded to offer an additional humanistic formation to IPADE's alumni. In its early stage, the first courses offered were for degrees in Pedagogy, Hospitality Management, Philosophy and Law.
Then, the IPH decided to broaden its curriculum, so it offered eight more Bachelor's degrees, and created the High School. It was then that the Instituto Panamericano de Humanidades turned into what is now Universidad Panamericana (UP).
From the beginning, UP has grown with academic pursuit, scientific proficiency and Christian values enacted to improve our society.
One of our goals is for our alumni to contribute to society the values they have acquired.
Ubi spiritus, libertas, "Freedom is where the Spirit is,” is the motto that inspires our everyday tasks.
Relevant dates of the foundation of UP Schools:
- 1968 Pedagogy School
- 1969 Hospitality Management
- 1970 Law and Philosophy
- 1970 High School
- 1977 Management and Economy
- 1978 IPH changes its name to Universidad Panamericana
- 1979 Industrial Engineering
- 1981 Mechatronics Engineering and Accounting
- 1993 Systems Engineering
- 1993 Management and Marketing
- 1993 Management and International Business
- 1993 Management and Finance
- 1996 Nursing and Medicine
- 2000 Communication
- 2008 Innovation and Design Engineering, and Digital Animation Engineering