Innovation and Design Engineering
Nowadays companies are marked by a high level of competition which will be a crucial factor for their survival in the near future. This demands professionals capable of merging creativity and reality.
Innovation and Design Engineering is a major with a rich and ambitious curriculum which will help you develop as a well prepared professional to cope with all the aspects of several industries: the automotive industry is the most prominent.
Also, you will be able to develop new products and processes in emerging industries such as the biomedical and biomechanical, and you will get involved with new technologies such as alternative energies and nanotechnology.
This is one of the oldest engineering programs, but it is also one of the most important ones nowadays and it will be in the future.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, ethical, political, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively in English and Spanish.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools for engineering practice
Program Educational Objectives -PEOs
- Graduates who positively impact the performance of organizations through the successful practice of the Information Technologies Engineering.
- Graduates who are able to analyze, design, verify, validate, implement, apply, and maintain software systems using new technologies and applying knowledge of Information Technology and Artificial Intelligence as a result of a structured, logical and system thinking.
- Graduates who use leadership and teamwork skills in multidisciplinary, national and international contexts.
- Graduates who are flexible to change and who update their skills through continuous learning.
- Graduates who serve society demonstrating clear ethical guidance in all their actions.
Enrolled and graduate students for the last 5 years