The social challenges we face every day demand today, more than ever, the training of educational leaders who not only know how to decipher the environment, but who assume their responsibility as educators capable of anticipating and promoting a transforming and integrating culture. This mission must be based on the ethical and harmonious management of the different processes, actors and agents that form part of an educational institution.
This is possible thanks to the solid academic background of our teaching staff, who stand out for their extensive work and academic experience, and whose work is geared towards promoting reflection on management practice, collaborative work, strategic thinking and decision-making in our students.
The study of the Master's Degree in Educational Institutions Management will allow you to form a learning community with a human focus that guides the applicability of techniques, models and methodologies in the organisational reality of each educational institution.
20150367 dated 13 June 2015.
We are looking for people who are characterised by their commitment to their own academic training, and by their initiative to be agents of improvement in their professional field.
- Academic background: Bachelor's degree and at least two years' work experience in educational institutions.
- Basic elements of the management and dynamics of educational institutions.
- Fundamentals of planning, implementation and evaluation of educational projects.
- Notions on human, material and financial resources.
- Creative thinking.
- Comprehension of texts in English.
- Critical analysis and synthesis of texts.
- Oral and written presentation of ideas and content.
- Active listening.
- Conflict management skills.
- Decision-making capacity.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to interact with others and to integrate work teams.
As a graduate you will be able to exercise strategic management, based on the institutional philosophy of your educational institution, in order to meet the challenges of the educational ecosystem.
- Carrying out strategic planning to shape the educational project.
- Analysis of educational policies and legal framework for the operation of educational institutions.
- Financial resource management for decision-making.
- Application of models, methodologies or techniques to strengthen academic quality.
- Use of managerial competences in accordance with different management models.
- Negotiation for the integration of the education community.
- Capacity to deal with incidents critical to the care of the institutional image.
- Openness to evaluation as a tool for institutional learning.
- Assessment of the ethical implications of managerial action.
- Principles of the educational institution.
- Managerial competences for the management of the educational institution
- Strategic planning
- Social context and educational project
- Analysis of the management function I
- Education policy and school regulation
- Legal framework for the management of the educational institution
- Financial management for decision-making
- Analysis of the managerial function II
- Human talent projection
- Institutional communication
- Analysis of the managerial function III
- Change management
- Educational inclusion
- Selected topics in change management
- Selected topics in educational innovation
- Institutional evaluation
- Integration of the educational community
- Managing career development
- Selected topics in the management of educational institutions
"The Master's in Management of Educational Institutions was a set of concepts masterfully presented by very experienced people to train students to become better managers: we have the responsibility to improve education in Mexico.
Mario Javier López, class of 2018, master's degree in Educational Institutions Management.
"I realised that the world is changing: the children I teach today are different from those of a few years ago; families have different needs. Thanks to the master's degree, I think my management profile has matured.
Aurora Márquez, Master in Management of Educational Institutions.
"The Master's degree in Management of Educational Institutions gave me a much broader view of the educational ecosystem: schools are complex, and to understand one area we need to understand how they work as a whole".
José Alberto Martínez, class of 2017, master's degree in Educational Institutions Management.
"Although I already had a solid base of studies, studying the Master's degree in Educational Management updated me in an impressive way: I regained that vision as a student, a vision that I had forgotten.
Gabriela Sáenz, class of 2015, Master's degree in Management of Educational Institutions.
"The Master's degree in Educational Institutions Management helped me to give concrete form to the work I do in the school on a daily basis, and led me to a continuous reflection on my functions.
Lina Santos, class of 2017, master's degree in Educational Institutions Management.
"With the Master's degree in Educational Institutions Management I strengthened my pedagogical knowledge to do my job as a principal better: having the initiative to be in continuous learning is fundamental for our work as teachers".
Alberto Martínez, class of 2016, master's degree in Educational Institutions Management.
"The Master's degree in Educational Institutions Management helped me to move from a vision of an area to a vision of a school, of a whole".
Estela Estudillo, class of 2015, master's degree in Educational Institutions Management.
"Something I discovered with the Master's degree in Educational Institutions Management is the importance of the figure of the principal; I also realised that seeing the school as a whole is fundamental. All of this involves study and preparation.
Jimena Campoy, class of 2019, master's degree in Educational Institutions Management.
"The Master's degree in Educational Institutions Management generated an important change in my personal and professional perspective towards education; it gave me the opportunity to meet very valuable people, as well as the concern and initiative to contribute something to education in Mexico".
Enrique Tovar, class of 2018, master's degree in Educational Institutions Management.
"The Master's degree in Educational Institutions Management helped me to have clear criteria on education; it made me see the importance of valuing the person as the most important thing and to recognise the value of human talent. It also reminded me that the best example is based on virtues.
Jerónimo Correa, class of 2019, master's degree in Educational Institutions Management.