Industrial Engineering with minor in Innovation Management
Have an impact improving processes, taking advantage of resources, linking business, capital and research, generating jobs and economic growth.
As a UP Industrial Engineer, you will be able to positively impact organizations by innovating in their design, planning, organization, control and continuous improvement. Your mission will be to satisfy market´s needs while optimizing resources by using scientific tools. The managerial perspective we have at UP´s School of Engineering, will help you integrate technical, scientific, human, economic and social factors in order to manage innovation within organizations, and embrace new enterprises.
You will be able to be a link between research and development centers and productive industries in our country in order to achieve adequation, implementation and management of innovation within organizations.
You possibilities have no limits. In our school, we have excellent professors and laboratories with the best technology available, besides constant professional activities which will undoubtedly unleash your talent and creativity.
Program Educational Objectives
- Graduates will positively impact the performance of organizations through the successful practice of industrial engineering.
- Graduates will make decisions and solve problems through creative and innovative thinking as a result of critical, analytical and system thinking.
- Graduates will use leadership and teamwork skills, in multidisciplinary, national and international contexts.
- Graduates will be flexible enough to change and will update their skills through continuous learning.
- Graduates will serve society demonstrating clear ethical guidance in all their actions.
Enrollment Fall 2015: 338
Degrees awarded (2014 - 2015): 41