Mechatronics Engineers imagine and create the future world by having a vision capable of conceiving products and systems in which mechanics, electronics and computing are merged.
Unique education program:
Mechatronics Engineering program includes courses which will exploit students’ skills to be competitive in the workplace. Some of the most representative are:
- Materials Resistance
- Machine Design
- Control Systems
- Digital Control
- Numerical Control Machines
Our program has been certified by CACEI (Council for the Accreditation of Engineering Education) which guarantees that our study programs are competitive nationally and internationally.
To educate Mechatronic Engineers to have a positive impact in society through the successful practice of their field, with a technical, directive, business and humane perspective which will allow them to integrate technical, scientific, human, economic and social factors; this will result in the construction of a fairer world.
To be leader in the education of excellent engineers through an innovative educational curriculum, a high academic demand, and a clear ethical position based on a dignified and personal treatment.
To develop professionals with a high academic level in the mechanical and electronic design capable of fulfilling the basic requirements of process automation of all the industrial sectors based on the development, application and mechatronics systems operation. This includes the area of robotics as a fundamental example of this new engineering.
Program Educational Objectives -PEOs
- Graduates who positively impact the performance of organizations through the successful practice of the mechatronics engineering.
- Graduates who make decisions and solve problems through creative and innovative thinking as a result of a critical, analytical and system thinking.
- Graduates who use leadership and teamwork skills, in multidisciplinary, national and international contexts.
- Graduates flexible to change and who update their skills through continuous learning.
- Graduates who serve society demonstrating clear ethical guidance in all their actions.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Program accredited by CACEI, http://www.cacei.org.
Program accredited by ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission, http://www.abet.org.
Enrolled and graduate students for the last 5 years