Within the ideology of our University, an important place is occupied by the formation of social awareness in our students , employees and in general, anyone who comes to our institution.
The Department of Social Commitment UP was originally launched 9 years ago. Since then, we have worked to continue and strengthen the work of social service coordinators in the University.
We promote long-term social welfare projects for vulnerable society members.
We want students to see " Social Service " as not just a "requirement " that all must meet, but as a life-long commitment.
We invite you to participate in any of the projects we organize or to propose a new way to influence society
Contribute to the common good of society forming in students a genuine social awareness and responsibility, contributing to the analysis and solution of specific problems in search of a greater benefit to the community.
- To be a leading university that actively participates with viable proposals for the solution of social problems, along with government institutions, the private sector and civil society. To have students engaged with society and the neediest people, willing to help giving time and expertise in solving specific problems. To encourage in students responsible conviction to help-according to their capabilities-the needy: orphans, street children, drug addicts, alcoholics, the elderly, people with disabilities, people in poverty, loneliness or other social problems.
Where can you do social work or service?
1. EXTERNAL: any private institution, civil associations, and NGOs that have an agreement with the Department of UP Social Commitment of Universidad Panamericana.
- To be registered at Universidad Panamericana.
- To be a regular student.
- To follow the enrolment process of this institution.
2.INTERNAL: are all the social welfare activities organized by Universidad Panamericana
Requirements: to be a regular student and to be enrolled.
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
a. Enroll in the social work project of your choice or in the institution through the "Social Service Fair" (first Tuesday and Wednesday of every semester) or directly in the UP Department of Social Commitment.
b. If the project is not organized by UP Social Commitment, you will have to submit a letter at the beginning including: full name, ID, major, semester, project and starting date signed by the person who is responsible of the project.
c. If the project is coordinated by UP Social Commitment, it is not necessary to do neither the previous nor the following steps.
d. By the end of the project, (if it is not coordinated by UP Social Commitment), a letter must be submitted (established template) with all the data and spent hours.
e. The hours of social work can be checked in your personal portal or in UpSite.
f. The hours will appear in your personal portal (UpSite) 3 weeks after having submitted the letter of completion in the UP Departament of Social Commitment.
g. By the end of eighth semester (480 hours of social work finished) you will be able to start the procedure to release your documents and the UP Department of Social Commitment will take care of it. The student will be able to start the procedure to get their degree when the eighth or tenth semesters make-up tests have ended in School Services or in their own School or Faculty.
h. If the 480 hours are finished when the student has already finished the eighth semester, he or she will have to go to the UP Social Commitment office with the letters of completion and from that moment in three weeks the documents will be released.
Requirements to accept a student to be a provider of social service in a special project
1. For special projects ( in your own faculty) or with any institution with which there is a previous agreemet, the student or teacher must send the information that follows about the project to email@example.com:
- General information about the project
- Schedules, proposed working days
- Proposed work to do
- Contact information at the institution: name, job, phone number and email address
2. UP Social Commitment reviews the proposed project or institution and if it accepts, it establishes the project and the hour value. These hours can be counted through a signature sheet or an hour value can be given to the project.
3. The person in charge of the project must sign a beginning of the project letter in which it is indicated: student's full name, ID, major, semester, project and starting date.
4. The person in charge of the project must have a concrete working plan for the student and constantly check on him or her so that he or she does a good job.
5. By the end of the project sign a letter with all the data and hours that the student worked in that project.
6.In order to begin the social service in a new project or institution a mail that indicates that an agreement has been reached must be received; otherwise, the hours will not be valid.
- The work cannot be done in companies unless they have a social welfare project and that there is an agreement with them.
- Administrative work within the University cannot be done as Social Service.
- In order to do social service in government institutions there must be evidence of the 70% of accumulated credits and that they have a social welfare project and there is an agreement with that institution.
- All social services that do not meet these requirement will not be valid.
Principales proyectos apoyados
Contact for social service
General information about projects, institutions, clarifications of hour records.
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office at the Valencia building (in front of room 3V)
- 5482 1600 / 1700 ext. 6002
In every School or Faculty there is a Social Service coordinator to have permanent and personal communication.
María Fernanda González Ugalde
Rosario Román Castro
Santa fe Office
Alejandro Bautista Gandarilla
Ma. Teresa Casarín Morfín
Ma. Del Carmen Elvira torres
Mariano Romero Valenzuela
Fernando Jose Macouzet Romero
María Diez Uriarte
Gilberto Bañuelos Treviño
Losaid Fernández Jaimes
Santa fe Law
Ma del Carmen Viesca Flores