COMPREHENSIVE PRIVACY NOTICE
Centros Culturales de México, A.C. and BONA TERRA, A.C., in its three campuses of the Universidad Panamericana Campus México, Guadalajara and Bonaterra (hereinafter the "Universidad Panamericana"), with address at Calle Jerez No. 10, Col. Insurgentes Mixcoac, Alcaldía Benito Juárez, C.P. 03920 in Mexico City, Álvaro del Portillo No. 49, Ciudad Granja CP 45010. Zapopan in Jalisco Mexico, and in Av. José María Escrivá de Balaguer 101, Col. Villas Bonaterra, C.P. 20296, in Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes is responsible for the use and protection of your personal data and in this regard informs you as follows:
Email address where you can contact our privacy leader
For all matters related to the treatment and protection of your personal data, you may contact our privacy leader by sending an email to the following address: email@example.com for Mexico City, firstname.lastname@example.org for Aguascalientes, and email@example.com for Guadalajara.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
Your personal information will be used for the following main purposes, which are necessary in connection with the educational services we will provide to you:
- Validate your information and documentation.
- Enroll you at Universidad Panamericana, register you in our physical and electronic systems, mobile applications found in application stores such as Google Play or IOS App Store, in remote and cloud systems, integrate your academic record, and issue your student credential.
- To provide you with information and educational services offered by Universidad Panamericana, according to the academic program you have enrolled in, as well as to contact you regarding the administrative procedures related to your studies.
- To control vehicular access.
- Invitation and, where appropriate, registration to participate in extracurricular activities in order to contribute to your comprehensive education.
- Contact you in relation to academic, cultural, sporting, or religious activities in which you participate, have participated, or are interested in participating.
- Lending you material for academic and extracurricular activities.
- Receive payments from you, issue payment vouchers, account statements, as well as document and carry out collection procedures in case of debt. The above may also be done with those persons who are responsible for covering the costs of the services we provide to you.
- Provide academic support with technological tools on websites, mobile or cloud applications.
- To know their profile in order to develop didactic strategies, provide counseling and keep track of them.
- Provide psycho-pedagogical support.
- Follow up on their academic progress, as well as create a database of students and alumni.
- Manage grant or funding applications.
- Perform administrative and school services.
- Practice, record and review your evaluations.
- To store and check your grades and academic history.
- Prepare and file your medical records to prevent contingencies and provide you with support in case you have special health needs, as well as provide you with medical care.
- Completion of their professional internships.
- Carry out administrative procedures related to their studies, equivalency and revalidation of studies, social service, graduation and issuance of certificates, internally and before the educational authorities.
- Send you internal communications about university life events.
- Carry out insurance-related procedures and formalities.
- To know and address their doubts, comments and suggestions regarding the curricular and extracurricular activities offered by Universidad Panamericana.
- Conduct a socioeconomic study for scholarship or financing purposes.
- Support you in obtaining accommodation.
- Invite and, if necessary, enroll him/her in academic exchange programs, as well as provide academic and administrative follow-up to his/her participation in such programs.
- Video surveillance, for security reasons.
- Videorecording, on the occasion of the provision of educational services that you contract with us and that are carried out through digital tools using the Internet and under the modality of Online Classes.
- Videorecording, on the occasion of professional examinations conducted online and remotely.
- Comply with applicable regulations and requirements of the authorities based on a law.
In addition, your personal information will be used for the following secondary purposes:
- In case of emergency, contact the persons indicated as references.
- Send them congratulations for their birthday or achievements.
- Send you promotional information about our academic and cultural offerings.
- Disclose your image and name, as well as, if applicable, academic and employment data for promotional and statistical purposes of Universidad Panamericana.
- To request their collaboration for the elaboration of rankings, accreditations, and promotional topics of Universidad Panamericana.
- Support you in obtaining or changing jobs.
- Conduct surveys and obtain your feedback to improve our services.
- Validate their participation in various publications, collaborations and studies.
If you do not want your personal data to be processed for the secondary purposes mentioned above, you can refuse your consent at this point by sending an email to our privacy leader, specifying the secondary purpose(s) for which you do not want us to use your personal data. Your refusal will not be a reason to stop providing you with the other services, and you will have a period of five working days to express refusal.
Universidad Panamericana is responsible for the use of its websites www.up.edu.mx and derivatives, including its mobile versions and mobile applications designated for academic and student support found in online stores. This Privacy Notice covers the use of mobile applications and websites, so anything collected from accessing websites or mobile applications will be covered by this Privacy Notice; any other websites we own or operate, or mobile applications we reference in this Notice, unless we have implemented a separate privacy notice for a particular website or mobile application. Certain Pan American University websites and mobile applications may provide additional details about our privacy practices that are specific to those sites. Universidad Panamericana's internal policies and procedures govern our internal networks and systems and the processing of personal information of any type of user or personal data subject.
Personal data to be collected
To carry out the purposes described in this privacy notice, we will use the following categories of personal data:
- Identification and contact.
- Financial and equity.
- Personal data considered as sensitive: Religion, health, disabilities and indigenous language. These last two types of sensitive data are collected to comply with the requirements of the SEP, providing them in a dissociated manner for statistical purposes.
We inform you that we will integrate the personal data collected from you during the admission process into your academic file.
Transfer of your personal data
Your personal data may be transferred to the following individuals or companies, in which cases we do not require your consent:
- Insurance companies with which we have a contract with to grant insurance benefits.
- Companies or academic institutions with which we have a contract signed or to be signed, to grant you academic or economic benefits in connection with your studies.
- Foreign universities, for academic exchange purposes, with which we have a contract signed or to be signed to offer you this benefit.
- To families enrolled in the Housing Program, to help them find housing.
- Authorities to which we are required to do so by law, in order to comply with the corresponding regulations.
- UP-IPADE system partnerships for invitations, promotions, fundraising.
- Entities and academic authorities, in order to verify their level of studies, as well as to validate the participation of our collaborators in the development of their publications. Also, your personal data (other than financial, patrimonial or sensitive) may be transferred to the following individuals or companies, in which cases we do require your consent:
- Academic or non-academic institutions that have issued certificates, degrees or diplomas to validate such information.
- To the public attending extracurricular events in which you participate, in order to identify and contact you, as well as to companies and institutions that wish to contact you to invite you to academic, cultural, sports or religious events or activities.
- Recruitment companies to help you find or change jobs.
- Institutions that organize sports activities, in order to register them in tournaments within our representative teams.
You may opt out of transfers for which we require your consent by sending an email to our privacy leader. If you do not do so, we will assume that you have given us your consent.
Security measures to protect your personal information
ARCO rights and revocation of consent
In the terms allowed by the applicable regulations, it is your right to know what personal data we have about you, what we use them for and the conditions of the use we give them (Access).
Likewise, it is your right to request the correction of your personal information in case it is outdated, inaccurate or incomplete (Rectification); that we remove it from our records or databases when you consider that it is not being used in accordance with the provisions of the applicable regulations (Cancellation); and how to oppose the use of your personal data for specific purposes (Opposition). These rights are known as ARCO rights.
Likewise, you have the right to revoke at any time the consent you may have given us for the processing of your personal data, unless it is not appropriate in terms of the applicable regulations, which we will inform you in our response to your request for revocation.
To learn about the procedure, requirements and deadlines for the exercise of ARCO rights, as well as the right of revocation, please contact our privacy leader at Universidad Panamericana, at the aforementioned email address. If you wish to exercise any or some of these rights, you must submit the respective request to our privacy leader via email, who will process it and address any comments, questions or complaints you may have regarding the treatment of your personal information.
Our privacy leader will ensure at all times the protection of your personal information in compliance with the applicable regulations. Likewise, we inform you that the National Institute of Transparency, Access to Information and Protection of Personal Data is the authority in charge of overseeing the due observance of the legal provisions regarding the protection of personal data.
Ways in which you can limit the use or disclosure of personal information In addition to the procedure contemplated in the immediately preceding section, you can limit the use or disclosure of your personal information by sending an e-mail to our privacy leader at the above address, requesting your registration to the "Advertising Opt-Out List", in order to ensure that your information will not be used for marketing or advertising purposes.
Changes to the privacy notice
Universidad Panamericana may modify and/or update this privacy notice, informing you of any modification or update through our website www.up.edu.mx.
Consent We inform you that before we collect your financial, patrimonial or sensitive data, we will ask you to give us your express written consent to this comprehensive privacy notice.
Date of most recent update: 08/09/2023
Mexico City Campus
Centros Culturales de México, A.C., owner of Universidad Panamericana Campus México (hereafter "UP México"), with address at Calle Jerez No. 10, Col. Insurgentes Mixcoac, Alcaldía Benito Juarez, C.P. 03920, Mexico City, is responsible for the use and protection of your personal data and in this respect informs you of the following:
E-mail address where you can contact our privacy leader.
For all matters relating to the processing and protection of your personal data, you may contact our privacy leader by sending an e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Centros Culturales de México, A.C., owner of Universidad Panamericana Campus Guadalajara (hereinafter "UP Guadalajara"), located at Calzada Álvaro del Portillo #49, Ciudad Granja, C.P. 45010 Zapopan, Jalisco, is responsible for the use and protection of your personal data and in this regard informs you as follows:
E-mail address where you can contact our privacy leader.
For all matters relating to the processing and protection of your personal data, you may contact our privacy leader by sending an e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
Bona Terra, A.C., propietaria de la Universidad Panamericana Campus Bonaterra (en lo sucesivo “UP Aguascalientes”), con domicilio en la Av. José María Escrivá de Balaguer, No. 101, fraccionamiento Villas Bonaterra, Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes, C.P. 20296, Aguascalientes, es la responsable del uso y protección de sus datos personales y al respecto le informa lo siguiente:
E-mail address where you can contact our privacy leader.
For all matters related to the processing and protection of your personal data, you may contact our privacy leader by sending an e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.